Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Christmas is Coming at Midweek Magnolias


We are having a a new challenge at Midweek Magnolias CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!
This is my first Christmas card of the season, so many more to make.


This sweetie is "Dancing with Stars Tilda" and was masked with "Silent Night" background music. Then after adding distressed ink to the background I frantaged it in shabby Ivory.


Above is the stocking doohickey die from the #2 Kit and a heart tag from #5 Kit.


I used a doily die, doily and poinsettia doohickey die from #2 Kit on this corner.


Tilda is colored in distressed inks and then frantaged around her. The present die is from the #5 kit.


In the corner I used one of my chipboards pieces and florals.  I love chipboard and so grateful for the friends that sent it to me!

Please join us at Midweek Magnolias Christmas is coming challenge so you can get ahead on your cards.
Hugs and blessings, 
Kelly


Challenges


Here are some photos of my home and the first one is not pretty.  Here is the original dining room where the fire started.  We converted it to our living room and put a wall up to the left to separate it into the craft/laundry room.  Then we moved the kitchen to the original living room.  Easy to do and only one wall needed to be built to change the floor plan.


this is the right side entering into the newly created living room.  We wanted more of a sitting area for my hubby and I to relax in.  The kids family room is downstairs so they can enjoy their friends.


The left side and the new wall we built to separate two areas.


Looking from the living room to our new kitchen.  The circle opening was a idea from my husband, he has a bit of artistic ability. lol


Thank you for stopping by and commenting, they are very appreciated.  I sure hope to see you at  Midweek Magnolias!










14 comments:

  1. Woohoo for Christmas coming! It's a beautiful card, K! I really like the shape you used! It's great seeing photos of your lovely home! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word...a circle (ish) peek through in your wall....I LOVE that!! Your home is BEAUTIFUL and it's so wonderful to see that you have such a terrific place to get cozy in. Your card is sensational as always. I always finish commenting and then go back and find more stuff I didn't see before!
    Big hugs to you,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an elegant card with so many fab details! Love the pretty palette and design with a beautifully colored image! Love this! :^)
    Really great idea to make your kitchen bigger--and you opened up the space with such a cool wall! Looks like your living room is a great place for you and your hubby to relax and reconnect! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Kelly...such a transformation!! Your new home is simply gorgeous...so glad that you have finally settled back in!! AND your card...well it's simply gorgeous too!! I love the way that you used the black for the poinsettias...so very effective!!! Beautifully coloured and embellished Kelly...have a great evening!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly your card is phenomenal. I totally love the color theme and your embellishments are gorgeous. It is so good to see you creating magic again. Your home is over the top beautiful. Wow so much here to admire! Home Sweet Home! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah! Kelly! I love your card. It is totally gorgeous... but my heart screams... not yet, not yet! we have such a beautiful fall. Congrats for your house. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought I entered a comment Kelly but I might have lost it. I am going to name you Fancy Nancy. You are so girly girl. Beautiful card right down to the very last detail. You have left nothing to chance here.
    What do you mean Christmas is coming - surely Tilda knows that soon Halloween will be here - where is her boo spirit!
    Your house looks really good Kelly - I know you are glad to have that experience behind you.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty!!! LOVE all the details and textures!
    Looks like your house is coming along beautifully!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kelly! Oh goodness .. your card is simply GORGEOUS dear! I love it! And your newly remodeled living room is sooooo BEAUTIFUL! Looks comfy and cozy!!!

    Big hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Kelly and I love your layered, girlie style... lovely!
    Your house looks great... would love to see some more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowzie, love the new wall and everything looks cozy and comfortable - which you both deserve!! Your card as always is breathtaking!:) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the drama of the dark poinsettia and berries - what a fabulous card. And oh my goodness - what a journey you have been on with your house. A shocking photo of the damage done, but how wonderful it must feel to be comfortably settling in after all the work to put things back together.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Simply Magnolia.
    Hugs, Donna xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!