Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Christmas at Divas By Design

Hello and Merry Christmas at Divas By Design.
Did you guess what our theme is at this weeks challenge?
We are having a special surprise gift for the lucky winner of this challenge!

Here is my card that I made for Divas By Design challenge

Magnolia Christmas paper all distressed and sewn together. I opened the middle and rolled the edges of the papers to show all 3 patterns.


Here is Christmas Bear from Magnolia colored in Distressed Inks. He has crystals on the white part of his hat.  It is really hard to see, but, there are crystals along the sides of the open rolled edges also.
The zipper rolled flower is from a friend and looks great at the end of the opening.


I used LaLa Lands newest dies Heart Doily Border, poinsettias and snowflakes.  The tall birch tree is from Memory Box Dies.


I adhered crystals and glitter to the poinsettias with some brads. My brads are old and coveted, I am a hoarder of fine things. lol


Both sides of the card has a rolled opened bottom, distressed with inks.  I have a tag with Magnolia minis stamped on and then a Spellbinders die for your note.

The layer view

I hope you enjoyed my card!
Please go to Divas By Design Challenge Blog and see what my team mates made.  They are very creative over there.
I hope to see you enter and win the prize at Divas By Design!

Hugs and crafty wishes,
Kelly


13 comments:

  1. This is just so creative. Love the tree and all the beautiful textures and colouring.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people make a card with a bear on it for the holidays, but only you go to the extremes and create a world of amazing surroundings for him! The rolled paper is just the beginning....it's a magical, mystical creation Kelly. Thank you for adding the side view. That completely shows it off. Incredible job here :)
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kelly... this is fabulous! Cute image and I like the red with all the little embellies you've added. The rolled zipper is very, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea with the rolled paper - I love red and white ! Your poinsettias are really gorgeous. You know me and birds and yes, I do have a history with bears! I love the way you rolled that paper back revealing the winter tree and bird. Your inside is every bit as pretty as the outside. Great job Kelly! Have a wonderful trip and call me when you get home!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow! this is stunning Kelly… what a beautiful design… so many gorgeous details… I love the cute bear, the wonderful flowers with the crystals… and you've decorated inside so beautifully too…it's fab!! :-))
    Hope you are having a good week
    Big hugs
    Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, another fabulous creation from you Kelly. Love the red and white and the way you exposed the tree - the zip is fabulous too! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous creation Kelly...you have used such fab details!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing, Kelly.....love the glass glitter frost!!! Adorable image, colored to perfection! Loving that heart doily and all the other fabulous details and the inside of your card is absolutely stunning as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a spectacular winter wonderland card, Kelly. I love all the detail...especially the frosty petals of your beautiful poinsettias! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Kelly, Love the colours & great design.. Love the texture & all the wonderful layers..Brilliant work as always... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gee Wiz I almost missed this beauty! I love the colors and everything about this card. Totally gorgeous inside and out!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, love the adorable image and the colours and layout are gorgeous, the zip flower is beautiful too
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful card - the ripping and rolling really shows off those amazing papers, and I love the dimension it gives it too... beautiful, Kelly!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!