Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My Cards Preserved As Artwork

I had some cards left from the Art Crawl that did not sell.  I wanted to preserve my cards that I made so in the future my kids can enjoy it, like I enjoy my mothers' oil paintings.  Or maybe when I am in the nursing home, later in life, It will bring a little joy to my heart seeing what I did.  Kind of like scrapbooking,  just preserving our memories.

For a while I couldn't figure out what to do with them until yesterday, a light bulb went off.  I modge podge each card, insides and out to canvas.  I used Matte Finish Modge Podge.
I had crackled the little Christmas Bear image and that was just a weee bit testy but he looks great.


These two photos give you a idea of how big it is and how the texture still shows from the card.


I modge podge each card, insides and out to canvas.  I used Matte Finish Modge Podge.  I gently rubbed the card to get it to stick firmly to the canvas and then I modge podged over the top of each card.  I did not do the pearls, ribbons, pins, or hard embellishments.
I had crackled the little Christmas Bear image before and that was just a weee bit testy but he looks great.  Then I taped my mother-in-laws lace all around the canvas.


You can be messy, see it doesn't show, you have clear subtle texture on each card. 


For my artsy signature I modge podged my business card onto the end.


I mounted it to my wall and now it is part of me for a very long time. This wall will get rearranged, I have to have everything painted in here first so for now that is where it will go.  I need it to be symmetrical with the rest of the room.


This was so easy to do and cheap.   My 24x32 piece of canvas was 50% off and so was the Matte Modge Podge.  It took me 1 hour to put it all on and it dried quickly.  Laying out the cards was harder than any of it. 

I hope you are a little inspired by this to preserve your gorgeous cards that I see on your blogs.  Why not enjoy them ourselves.  
Kelly

15 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea Kelly, very clever
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great idea and so gorgeous!!!!! Wow wonderful work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea and keepsake!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea and your cards look beautiful displayed like that! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Kelly this is absolutely gorgeous and such a fab idea :)
    I've just spotted your craft room pic so I'm off for a nosey lol
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice artwork Kelly! What a creative way to display your cards. Each one is so beautiful and unique. You've created a gorgoeus wall hanging! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable, Kelly. What a creative idea, Hun. I just love your artwork.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW....What a creative way to display your cards.
    Thanks for sharing this idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful idea to preserve and display your works of art Kelly! Now you can look at them every day instead of keeping them tucked away! I love this!

    Hugs,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy cow! Amazing...how awesome to look at that as you work?!? Fantastic!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative, Kelly!!!!! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful idea on how to create a beautiful keepsake for all to enjoy.
    Hugs....Pam:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Kelly -- I thought for sure I commented on this -- must be that darned Sake!!!! Your project looks great on your wall. What a wonderful idea you had. What can I say - I must have been hallucinating and there is no telling what you thought. Wonderful - and you make it sound so easy!!
    Sandy










    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great idea Kelly. It sure makes a great home decor!!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your wall art. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!