Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Art of Etiquette


I finished 4 cards for my boys to write thank you notes to their God parents.  Since I homeschool them, I can use this for their school and that gives them incentive to write nicely. You know how boys are with pencils in their hands, "oh, I can't write that much","oh, my fingers hurt", "when is this over"....you get what I mean.  2 are Magnolia cards colored in Copics and 2 are basic cards using a chalkboard technique that I have been seeing lately.  I found the best tutorial at Betsy's blog here.


I just love Edwin sitting on the sleigh looking at the long list of wants.  I put my kids name on the list to personalize it.  The paper is Memory Keeper "Winter Frost" and the metal charm near the bow is also from that set.  It comes with a page of tags and little spaces to write to I chose a few of those to use on this card.


Here is a different view where you can see the embellishments more


The inside is uses the same paper and a writing space, I love how it coordinates.


I made 2 of this card with the ideas that I have seen from the Chalkboard look.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and made a nice chalkboard look for me.  I received some nice Candy's in the mail from recent winnings and incorporated them on this card and the next.  Fun surprises, Thanks Janiel


Another card with Edwin on the sleigh using Echo Park paper "Very Merry Christmas".  I tore the bottom and inked it for texture on the card then I place the ribbon over it.  The shiny stars dangle from the side.  Once again I have another childs name on the list, this list could have been miles long! lol



My Hubby gave me a new camera and I am trying to figure out how to use it, I hate reading instructions but some of the photos are better than others.  I cannot justify the nicer DSLR camera's as I break them with in a year, I do not know why,  just happens.  This camera is a step down from the entry level DSLR.  I am hoping for a longer life as well as clearer photo's on this camera.


The inside of the the card.  I did the chalkboard sentiment on the left and a poinsettia in the corner on the right.


Here is the close up of the Chalkboard look
Black paper and SU craft white ink, sponge lightly the edges, simple.  Betsy show's you how to step it up a bit and create a more ornate one.


I hope you enjoyed your Christmas holiday with family and now looking forward to New Years and all that is yet to come. Wishing you happiness and good health to all. 
Happy New Year!!
Kelly

13 comments:

  1. Hello Kelly, These are adorable!! I love the chalkboard look!! FUN FUN Cards and yes I know what you mean with boy's and writing. LOL.. I tell ya that it doesn't get any better either. lol....... You are so welcome for the goodies. Love how you have used them! Very creative.......
    Happy New Years to you and yours.........
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sugar!!! These are fabulous Kelly - I love the colors you used on the first sled and I have always loved buttons on cards. You've done a great job kid!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards, Kelly. Love the chalkboard sentiments. Those are fabulous. Your Edwins are adorable on those cute little sleigh images and the receipients are sure to enjoy these.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cards. Where I'd you get the sleigh stamp? Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kelly, I love this chalkboard look, must try that technique! Edwin is adorable sitting on the sleight, what a lovely combination of stamps. Very cute layout and colors. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, Kelly! Love the sled and both Edwins....outstanding job! Must try the chalkboard technique!
    P.S. I don't like reading directions either..hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kelly, I love them all!! And good thinkin' on your part for the school lesson, nothing is better than hand written thank you notes. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all so pretty. Very creative Kelly! Happy New Year!
    Caryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the red sleigh Edwin and I've had fun with the chalkboard art too! Such a fun Christmas season but it went by too fast and I didn't get near enough of my new stamps inky to paper! lol Happy New Year Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card xx love the colours too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly these cards are gorgeous inside and out. WOW you've been busy with the holidays and making cards too! I too like that chalk board technique that you did. Happy New Year!!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, Kelly. Love the image of Edwin sitting inthat sleigh--in both colour schemes. Gorgeous papers you have. The chalkboard-technique cards look fab.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a darling card, and you have inspired me!!! Who made that sleigh stamp, please?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!