Monday, December 3, 2012

2 Tags For Christmas Tree

I have put 2 tags on this post today for Challenges

In my bedroom I have a small Christmas tree that I usually decorate in natural colors and things.  I am making my own tags this year for the tree.

This is the base template I used kraft card stock and then put craft paper which is thinner like a paper bag onto the base.  The top has tissue paper on it.  The kraft paper was crunched up and then laid out and lightly inked with Brushed Corduroy.

Here is a close up of the Kraft paper.  Under the paper I used Tim Hotz's tape, it is printed with images and words and is like masking tape, I just pleated it and made a edge all around the star.

Here is the tag finished

Tilda is colored with Distressed Inks and I used cheesecloth from my apple cider herb blend, perfect color, to put underneath her.  I sprinkled snow and wooden snowflakes around.

Close up of the tissue paper top tag area, I scrunched tissue paper and glued it on.  To the left the cheesecloth had a natural rolled curve that I thought made it look like a sack so I tied it with Jute and a bow.  I stickled the word wish just a bit. 

Here is Tilda up close, she is one of my favorites

You can see the dimension of the tag


Here is a metallic tag using Tim Holtz Distressed Metalic Stains. I Distressed Inked Tilda a small amount of stickle and taped her onto a metal rusty heart.  The background has a black embossed set of Angel Wings and then liquid pearls all around.  The black edges are cut from Tim Holtz vintage lace die.  I embossed a wooden snowflake and star on here too.

The Merry Christmas sign is stamped and embossed with clear embossing powder and then I smeared the Metalic stain onto it and wiped off for a vintage look.  This tag in interactive although it is hard to see but Tilda on the heart moves, shakes as I made a spiral piece from floral wire and attached it to both ends.  It works and makes her move.

My first tag I would like to enter into the following challenge


The 2nd tag I would like to enter in the following challenge

I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Kelly

27 comments:

  1. Two beautiful projects Kelly! Your star most certainly has star quality and your tag is supersweet with that big red heart on it! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, take care, Ira x
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they pretty Kelly! I love them both. Love the look of the crunched paper on the star, very cute! and your 2nd tag is very dainty, love the chic look of black. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I especially love the Tilda with Snowflake! Just fabulous...be sure to take a picture of your tree for us! I let the girls decorate ours...so there are ornaments on only one side and only up about 4 feet high (can't reach any further! Lol!)!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Kelly!!! I am in love with your star sweetie. What a fabulous concept (I'm going to borrow your design and make some for my tree) It's a Fabulous design. Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias. Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute are they Kelly! Terrific coloring! You have been a very busy gal, lots of wonderful creations! Nice weather we're having isn't it?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the scrunched star ornament Kelly! Beautiful job on both of your ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous project and fab coloring. Thanks for joining us at Diva's
    Hugs
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW....Kelly, those tags are absolutely gorgeous! Excellent job on both! Superb coloring and outstanding creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic!! I saw the first pic and was wondering huh? But all I can say is WOW, it turned out wonderfully!! I love them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous tags! Absolutely stunning.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tags are so beautiful Kelly and all I can say is I hope we see the tree with all it's tags when you've finished it because I think it will be magnificent!

    Such beautiful colouring and designs and I really love the cheesecloth and shape on the first one and rusty heart and embossed wings on the second. You always have the most gorgeous details to find.

    Hugs,
    Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous distressing of the first tag and embossing of the second tag. These are fabulous projects. Lots of little details on them :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who said you were sick -- I think you were pulling my leg. Beautifully done Kelly -- where in the world do you get these ideas from? I love the star and the grungy look at the base and putting the tape around is was pure genius!!!!! You know me and tags -- I am ga ga over this tag. You are very creative - very!!!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree - these would be awesome ornaments. Wishing you much lucky (not that you need it!)

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are just gorgeous Kelly, I especially like the star tag in the neutral tones, so beautiful, Thanks so much for joining in at Midweek Magnolias this time
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous tags, Kelly. I love the treatment you did to the kraft paper for your first tag. Love the beautiful borders on your 2nd tag.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Grunge is it? So chic n stylish tags. Great variations!
    XO
    Caryl

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! WOW! WOW! This is just so amazing and grand!
    Thanks for playing with us at Marvelous Magnolia this week!

    Hugz...DT Coordinator~~~ Rina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Golly these are gorgeous, Kelly. Love the karft CS you used for your star and Tilda looks fabby on this one.
    As for the interactive tag, how clever to make your own springs. I should give that a try. This is perfect for the challenge, good luck.
    Love your Beauty of Paper works of art. Happy Holidays!
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kelly your tags are out of this world fabulous!! I love the style of them and you sure know how to add all of those special touches. You are one very clever and talented crafter!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is simply amazing Kelly!!
    Love it to bits!!
    Thanks for playing with us at Midweek Magnolias in our Starlight, Star Bright Challenge..
    Hugs, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow both of your Tags are gorgeous. Your coloring is great Kelly. I love it.
    The first one is my favourite :)

    Big Hugs
    Dunja

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous creation love the design.

    Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolia's, hope to see you again hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow both of these tags are beautiful. you have put such a lot of work into them and it has really paid off they are stunning. thank you for joining us at fussy and fancy challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful tag. Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town.

    Hugs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous tags, beautifully designed! Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!