Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Dress Form on Canvas

Hello Blog Friends,

Just playing around on a smaller 10x10 canvas, I created this piece of art.  I squirted small amounts of Decor Art dazzling  metallic glaze in luminous gold around the canvas and then used a flat brush to make the swirls.  While it was wet I sprinkled Stampendous Frantage tea stained fragments onto the edges of the swirls.  After the project was completely done I needed to glue more of the fragments on to fill it in where needed.



 I made the dress form base and then the honey comb corset part with Tim Holtz (TH) sewing room die. Then I cut tissue paper with TH layered wings die. The wings and the honeycomb corset were lightly edged using my finger with  TH distressed stain in brushed pewter. Then I cut my 100 year old crocheted lace from my mother-in-law's  mom.



I attached prima buttons onto the corners over the crocheted lace.
  On the honeycomb dress form I put a Webster's Pages piece of ribbon and at the bottom is TH pewter crown.  Underneath the dress form is film strip ribbon from TH also.  I tacked the middle down with a brad and then left the rest to curl up.  The wings were slightly glued down first and curled up the edges a bit.  Then I attached the film strip, dress form over that and added the crown.


I received this 1 photo over email so it is not the clearest but this is my 93 year old grandmother and my new grandfather who is 94 after their wedding.  She has never worn a expensive dress before and my Aunt provided her pearls and did her makeup. George is very happy and grandma Vi is probably telling someone what to do. lol   She is so cute!




I hope you enjoyed my project and I encourage you to experiment as well, 
Happy Holidays to everyone!

Kelly

8 comments:

  1. Your canvas is gorgeous, Kelly. Love all the fabulous texture.
    How wonderful that your lovely grandmother has married at 93! May they enjoy many happy years together xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful photo, they look so happy, your canvas is awesome, love all the pretty details, nicely done my friend, Wishing you and your family a very happy Christmas
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! this is so different for you Kelly but I love the effect you've achieved. How wonderful to see your Grandmother and your now new Grandfather on their wedding day. How special is that. Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a totally delightful post! Your new project is beautiful. I'm loving this technique and look at the Newly Weds! I hope I look that vibriant when I'm their age. What a happy story! Congrats to the new couple and many Blessings!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly used some great ideas with this Kelly - love the swirls - the old lace with embellishments sets it off. The crown is a good idea - "a dress fit for a queen"!

    The wedding pictures of your grandmother are so sweet - glad to see one of her smiling!!!!! Wish we could have been there kid!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool piece, Kelly! The honeycomb dress form is wonderful, and I like how the wings look like feathers! Congratulations to your Grandmother!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your experimentation Kelly. What a fabulous base on your canvas and the dressform works so well on it (dimension definitely required here). Your grandmother looks very happy too. I wish her all the best and hope you have a wonderful Christmas, hugs Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool mixed art Kelly. Love the vintage look on your project. What a cute set of pictures of your grandma's wedding. Congratulations and thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!