Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Love Inspiring

Here is a story you will love....
My grandmother is 93 years old, round, roly poly, fun, happy lady that all this kids flock to.  Her whole life she lived in poverty, was taken care of by her children or living with other ladies.  She was married before though her circumstances have never changed.  Despite that she has always been a positive, cheerful and a Godly person.  A role model for others.  

In one week, she will be getting MARRIED to a 94 year old man who loves her for who she is, her raisen pies and her hand made dresses.  He is a well dressed man who still own's his own business.  He has a maid and eats out every day while still making sure his friends are taken care of.  They have been officially courting each other for the past 5 months with chaperones. 

 Last week he popped the question and the next day bought her a real diamond ring, first one she has ever wore.  He is taking her to Hawaii for a 2 week honeymoon!  She is so giddy like a school girl.  He told her when he dies she will never have to worry about finances again!  

How sweet is this!!!!  I am so happy for my grandmother, she deserves peace and happiness in her life, finally!  I had to share this with you, it gives us all HOPE.


To celebrate their occasion, I made them this card with Mo Manning Senior images.  They are colored in Copics.  I used a Cherry Lynn die for the base and a memory box die for the gate.


They walk hand in had so I can picture them in these two images.  This is the front of their card.


I made a easel card for them and this is the inside base.  My easel photo is missing, I am having computer issues in regards to my photo card so sorry about that.


They are having a private wedding in his home and his son-in-law will be the officiant and my Aunt and Uncle will also be there.  Very quiet and personal like they want.  My grandma is wearing a gorgeous pink dress she has owned for about 20 years.  She never changes.  I wish I could go but they live many States away.

I hope you were inspired by my story today and enjoyed my card.  
Have a wonderful day!
Kelly

13 comments:

  1. OMG....I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading your post today....so uplifting!!!!
    My mother is 93 years old and lives with us. I can't believe they are heading to Hawaii....I can't even get my mother out of the house...WOW, WOW, WOW!!! INCREDIBLE!!!!
    What a gorgeous creation for the occasion....perfect in every way!!!!
    Thank you, Kelly, for making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a cool story!! I guess it's never to late to find the one. Good for them and hope they have a marvelous wedding and time in Hawaii.
    Beautiful cards with exceptional coloring and I'm sure they are just going to love them.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whow Kelly your card is so stunning. I love the old grannies. Just a perfect card !!

    Hugs Ilonka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Kelly, what a fabulous story about your wonderful Grandmother and her new beau. I am so so pleased for them both. Your card is so perfect for this special occasion. Wishing them future happiness together.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful story Kelly, it is like a fairy tale. I wish them the most beautiful weddingday. About your card, you have used the perfect stamps for this special occassion. And also the colors are perfect. I am sure they will love it.
    Take care,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Kelly, what a wonderful story. I wish her and her new husband much happiness.
    Your card is soo perfect.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a wonderful story and one amazing lady who deserves every bit of happiness, I wish them all the best, love the card you made as I'm sure she will too,
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  8. This just came in -- see I told you I do not get them as quickly as these other snoopers. Now I will go back and study so I can leave an educated comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sugar, this is so very sweet and the story about your grandmother makes my heart leap with joy. I only wish I could meet her. My grandmother was the love of my life and without her I do not know what would have become of me. Your coloring looks great and your card is so very sweet. I wish you and I could go out for the wedding - but Kelly, we would have to fly!!!!!
    Love you -
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly this is one fantastic love story and you created a delightful card! Goes to show all of us that it is never too late for anything or anyone! It's so good to see a happy story! Great job once again sista!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG... I love your story Kelly, so romantic! and love the images you selected for your card. I love them both! they make me dream, I wish this for myself!!!!!!! and a story like your grand-ma certainly gives me hope! I wish them a bunch of happy moments together. Fabulous card! they will certainly treasure. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well if that isn't just a hoot!! Congrats to your grandmother, I think it's simply divine!! There mere thought just sends a smile from ear to ear. I do hope there will be a sneak peek photo in the future. ;D
    Terrific card you've designed to depict the best story ever!
    hugs to you and your grandmother Kelly...
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. An amazing story Kelly which can only give hope to everyone that reads it! I think your Grandmother is a very special lady and I wish her and her new hubby all the very best! Hugs, Chris :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!