Saturday, December 1, 2012

Make Your Own Sign

You all know my friend Sandy she made a library card that was so cute and then sent me a few to play with.  Then if you saw the newest Magnolia Ink magazine 
There is a tutorial from Lillemore on page 10.  She shows us how to make our own personal signs with embossing powder on the stove.  Her directions were very easy to follow but I wanted to use a colored embossing powder, silver metal from Stampendous and it worked perfectly.  Using a Magnolia Heart Stamp and a corner die from Cheery Lynn, I made the embellishments on my library card.


The background of the jacket was painted with Tim Holtz metallic stain and then I glittered my Tim Holtz flourish stamp.  The gray sign with the heart on it and the corner flourish were both done using Lillemor's technique.


The inside card I put a ribbon and feather on top.  I distressed inked the card with  vintage photo and black ink.  I used Tiny Text and then added my own doodling and dots to highlight the different phrases.


Here is the back of the card which I colored a older Tilda stamp and then the empty jacket of the library card. 


Today my 15 year old son finally got a truck to drive.  Everyday for over a year he would comb the internet for his dream truck.  Well my hubby had a budget and he was going to stick with it and with Isaac's perseverance he got a very nice truck below his dad's budget, I am proud of him.


Our Pug loves Isaac and is the trucks mascot.  Isaac will not officially be able to drive this by himself until July 2013 but a you need to get those rare deals when they show up.


Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you try Lillemor's technique, it is so easy and I didn't need to buy a new trinket! 
Kelly

15 comments:

  1. Very cool! Looks awesome! I love all the sparkle & Tilda looks so pretty.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag and it looks like your son loves his new truck!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your son's truck. He is a handsome young man. Love the tag especially the sparkle on it. Great job, Sandy will be proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I am proud of you - always will be and always have been!!!! Kelly your tag is gorgeous. That is some kind of technique - I would have burned the house down. I think Library cards are tons of fun. Speaking of fun - what a beautiful truck I Isaac found!! I know he is thrilled to have it - it is a beauty!! Take care and get well sweet Kelly!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Tilda project, Kelly. Lots of lovely sparkle!
    Such a nice photo of your son and his fab truck. He will always remember the excitement of day he first drove it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag, Fabulous detail & image... Great colours & embossing...The new truck looks fabulous I bet your son is one happy young man... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly, this is one gorgeous tag, I love the glitter! and the nice sentiment inside.
    boys and trucks... yep. I went through this episode also, not a long time ago! Congrats for this lovely DODGE! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous embossing, Kelly. I haven't tried this yet but will have to give it a go. Congrats to your son on his new truck.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic tag, so pretty and love your Tilda.
    Great details.
    Hugs Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Groovy tag and WOW! That is a NICE truck! Congrats to your son (and hubby for sticking to his guns!)!!!!
    Rene :D
    P.S. If I had had a man-child (lol!), he would have been named Isaac! I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOWERS Kelli! What a fantastic tag with a marvelous technique. One day I will have to try this. Now look at that handsome son with a great truck! Lucky young man! I too love his name!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome I think you say across the pond :D Kelly and it truly is, what a beautiful way to use Lillemor's technique from the Ink and I know she would love it that you tried it out.

    Love those library cards, they're really cute. Love your colouring and the gorgeous colours you chose too.

    I just saw that your son is 15 and has a truck and I was amazed but then I saw that he can't drive it until 2013. Anyway, it looks fabulous and I'm sure he's very proud of it.

    Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cool and sweet tag card with it's own envelope. Good for your son got his dream truck :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW.....love this tag!! Truly inspirational work, Kelly....will have to try this when I have more time!
    Nothing like a boy and his truck, right? Lucky young man!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous and so creative! Especially love the phrases or quotes you've added to this project. Really wonderful! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!