Wednesday, March 13, 2013

She Art 3

I took a She Art 3 online course with Christy Tomlinson and it is fabulous, she really explains things well.  I never finished the course, which I intend to, and I made my first girl.  I am pretty rigid with how I paint so everything has to be perfect.  I tried to make her warm and comfortable to look at but she is still a bit stiff.  Practice and finishing the course will help


I cannot draw or sketch eyes or lips at all so this was a huge challenge for me.  My cheeks got a bit too bright and my nose bothers me.   I need to improve but first time out not as bad as I thought it would look.


My background papers are from Authentique.  I used Faber Castell large Pitt pens, Pental oil pastels and Faber Castell Gelatos.  My acrylic paint is Golden.


Her rose collar is acrylic paint mixed with moulding paste to give it dimension.  I painted on highlights so they appear real.  I used a piece of lace for her choker. 


I accept critiquing as it helps me improve so go for it Sandy!
Really I can handle it.
Have a lovely day.
Kelly

15 comments:

  1. Well I think she is beautiful Kelly, the eyes look lovely to me, the roses around her dress do look dimensional and your background is very impressive! Well done. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Kelly! The collar and choker are my favorite parts!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful! I love this kind of art and your is great!

    Happy midweek to you!
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am quite impressed Kelly! Her eyes, the background and the roses around her neck are stunning! And I do love the little ringlets of her hair and a feather-very, very lovely!
    Hugs
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got me speechless! Looks to me that you learned pretty much taking the class. Holy smokes this is fabulous Kelly! You're gifted with making these canvas art pieces. I too love her hair and her dress but then I love it all!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think she's beautiful - especially the eyes - absolutely wonderful! Another class for me to watch out for...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing, Kelly! I think I need to take this class too! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous. I really like the bright cheeks they work really well with the overall effect.

    Hugs
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Kelly - you made a face when I wasn't looking!!!! I love her neck lace and the roses on her dress. I am quite impressed Sugar -- you did yourself proud that's for sure. Still sick and we have been running around like chickens with our heads cut off. Tons more to do and I am very tired.
    Congratulations on a job well done!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you kidding me, Kelly! Your lips and eyes are perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG....I could never ever do that! This is AMAZING...LOVE EVERY INCH OF THIS STUNNING CANVAS! You are really getting to be a pro at this. I love the lace necklace and the beautiful roses on her dress, as well as her bright red cheeks!
    Outstanding work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work. I'm thinking La Traviata here Kelly! Love the additions of lace and the feather too. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow wow.. what an amazing piece of artwork. I would looove to hang this in my house.
    absolutely beautiful
    those eyes, lips and even the collarbones are just amazing painted.
    love

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW... What a fabulous piece of art....I love the bright cheeks.. The whole piece is AmAzing.. WOW, WOW, WOW... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. In awe of your amazing talent Kelly, she is fabulous, truly fabulous! I hope and can't wait to see more of your painted girls. Hugs, Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely Gorgeous! I love the roses on her dress. You did an awesome job....

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!