Saturday, March 30, 2013

Shabby Chic Wedding Canvas

Today I am showing you a canvas I made for a wedding in our family, second cousin.  The family is getting older or is it that I am getting older because we are now seeing the second cousins getting married. lol  This young lady used to carry everyone's babies around at family events, one baby after another.  She was a welcomed baby holder for me.  I wanted to give her something special for her wedding.  The canvas if for one of their wedding photos.


I left a blank space for the photo and decorated it with old lace from a grandmother and some old jewelry as well as a ton for flowers from WOC.


I added Melissa Frances white key holes and a key with the old jewelry that I took apart.
A few Prima emblems and buttons mixed with the florals.


You can see the space for their photo on the right. 
 I modge podged lace and 2 sentiment areas on first.  Then I added the ribbon flowers on the bottom with glossy accents.  I mixed some distressed ink Tattered Rose with water and washed over the whole canvas. After it dried I glued everything else on with Glossy Accents and then washed it with white acrylic paint, let it dry.  One more coat of Tattered Rose with water, dry.  Then on the edges and sides I did a wash of water and Ice Spruce Distressed Ink.  

The ribbon roses are pretty big as this is a 8x10 canvas


Another view

I would like to enter the following challenges

Thank you for stopping by today!!
Kelly

16 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Kelly, I love this one, the colours are perfect and all the gorgeous flowers are so very pretty, Truly a work of art, Just beautiful my friend
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my Goodness... WOW, WOW, WOW..Stunning piece.. this young lady will be delighted to be presented with this wonderful keepsake...Kelly this is AmAzing!!! Love it all... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous piece of art Kelly and your recipient is going to be thrilled to get this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly, words fail me and my chin is on the floor.......this is absolutely gorgeous, a really wonderful and elegant creation with I am sure will be treasured forever! Wow..... Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beyond beautiful, Kelly - this is an utterly wonderful creation, and as a gift, it will no doubt be absolutely treasured - just wonderful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and so chic Kelly, I lovely gift the newlyweds will treasure forever. Hugs. Happy Easter! lots of chocolate to you. xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely stunning!!! You did an amazing job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow!!!! just amazing kelly! i absolutely love this..so many gorgeous details :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a stunning creation--one that I am sure your cousin will love! The vintage design is beautiful, but the inclusion of family mementos makes this extra special! Love all the embellies! Thank you for sharing this gem with us at TTCRD. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now aren't you talented!! This is tremendous! I love the Shabby Chic look and the colors are as good as of your fabulous embellishments. What a treasure for the newlyweds!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. In the mist of this whirl wind I am looking at a beautiful wedding card - I think it really looks like yummy cake! What gorgeous embellishments Kelly!a Beautifully designed in such pretty soft colors. You know, I have never really understood what shabby chick means. All I know is that your rendition of Shabby Chic is gorgeous!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I promise to divorce my husband and then re-marry him, can I have one too? ;)
    It's GORGEOUS!!!!! My gosh, the details, the soft pastel embellies and the love is just OOZING out of it.
    Terrific job Kelly!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kelly, this is fantastic....how did you "wash" you flowers with white acrylic paint...did you spray it on the flowers????? I love the result!
    They will treasure this beautiful canvas....so luxurious with all the lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is Amazing Kelly !! LSo many detail to look at . Love the color you choose and design...Elegant

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg, this is amazing dear Kelly. I love the canvas, the colors are so brigt and chic, love love love it. <3 Beautiful arrangements. You have done a great job.

    Biggest of Hugs
    Dunja xxx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!