Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Birthday Wishes

My relatives have been gone for only 3 days and it seems like years.  We were quite busy and had a blast. My 93 year old grandmother is very spry and on top of everything, I hope I am that lucky!

While shopping with my Aunt Dee, I was connected to a local shop and applied for the Art Crawl in August.  Artists showcase their work in our downtown area and people stop by each store or event to enjoy the artistic talents of everyone.  If I receive approval, I will be able to showcase my cards and then sell them, instead of hoarding them.  I am excited, keeping my fingers crossed!


I chose 3 DP papers for this card, the base is Bazille Basics Wayfarer #304159, The frames are Pink Paislee Collage Press Studio and the accent DP is Echo Park Ballet Dancer #SW804.
I used Spellbinders Floral Ovals and Pink Paislee chipboard lock.  I made my own rosettes and various die cuts for the accents.


I used Papertrey Inks' tiny tags to make special birthday wishes



I used Distressed Inks, Shabby Shutters, Pumice Stone and Spun Sugar for the clothing.  Her hair is Scattered Straw and vintage Photo.  I use Tea Dye for the flesh and tattered rose for the cheeks.


The inside of the card I attached a scalloped envelope so you could put little notes for birthday wishes inside it. I put liquid pearls around the scallop and bottom with some tiny tags.



My Aunt Dee and I, we had to show off our decorating talents.  My poor hubby, we redecorated my kitchen-dining room area, and she even sewed my valance the last night they stayed with us.  My Aunt and I are a lot alike in many ways, we just had a great time together!

The challenges I am entering:

Thanks for stopping in and having a peak at my newest creation.
Hope you have a glorious week!

Kelly



22 comments:

  1. Wow! 93??? That's awesome...glad you had a fabulous time! Your card is amazing...so very feminine and pretty!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. So many neat die cuts. You will have to sell it for a bundle. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Kelly! I love the gorgeous papers and all the pretty details, just lovely
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, love all the diecuts. Nice picture of you with your aunt
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...all of it...the card, the kitchen wall, and you and your aunt! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at your fabby kitchen wall - I love yellow. And as usual Miss Kelly - you have make a beautiful card - where in the world do you get all these design ideas. You are so talented!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful card, love all the embellishements.
    Blessings, Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly, this card is gorgeous! What a beautiful job you've done adding all your stunning embellishments! Oh, I'm crossing my fingers for you that you'll be able to do the Crawl! What a wonderful achievement that would be! Hugs...Barb <><

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card! I love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet and beautiful attention to details of this card. The green you used is a delightful contrast. Pretty card!!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card Kelly ! I love it. And I also love your new profile picture :)).

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Kelly,
    what a quite magical card. I love the stamp and the dies you used. The delicate colors I like very much. You are wonderfully creative.
    Hugs
    Moni

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! this is stunning Kelly, I'm sure your cards will fly off the shelf when you display them. Congratulations and good luck.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card !!!! Love the soft colors and the embellishments!!!!!! Fabulous work again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kelly, this is gorgeous. Beautiful colouring of this adorable Tilda. Love the floral ovals--may have to get that die...hmmm. Your hand-made rosettes are gorgeous.
    Good luck with the Art Crawl. It's a marvelous idea--I wish we have something like that here.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is so beautiful. What lovely details you used this time. Isn't it wonderful to spend time with family?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is totally beautiful! So many gorgeous details! Awesome inside and out! Nice picture of you and your Aunt and your gorgeous decorated wall.
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. lOVE your amazing card....what a visual delight!
    Nice to have a family member with the same interests......lovely wall additions!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card! The colors are beautiful. I hope you get into the Art Crawl in August. How exciting!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wowwww!!!! ta carte est absolument magnifique!!!! C'est tout en douceur!!!

    Bonne fête des mères!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful card, so pretty and I love all your embellishments.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous creation Kelly! Love all the details and those handmade flowers are perfect. Thanks for joining us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and hope you play with us again soon. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!