Tuesday, October 16, 2012

It's A Bear Of A Christmas

Hello friends and welcome to my blog!  I love it when you stop by and visit me. 
I made a Christmas card with the very sweet Christmas Bear and a scene on the inside.  I used a wallet type fold and cut the top edge with a StampinUp Edglit and embossed it but then I covered it with the bear and so just a bit on each side shows.


The top is adorned with crepe ribbon from Melissa Frances and a star with Cherry Lynn die swirls.  I added some liquid pearls for interest.
My Magnolias are colored in Distressed Inks, mainly vintage photo and black soot.


Here is the inside of the card as you open it up.


A side view to see how it is folded.


The scene is done in Distressed Ink also and I tore the watercolor paper and inked the edges so it is aged and tattered.  I doodled around the scene and on the trees a bit.


The Sentiment if from Magnolia too and I see I forgot to enhance the color but it is the same as above, sorry!  I stamped it on water color paper and tore the edges, watercolored vintage photo over the entire piece and then edged it with vintage photo and black.  There is gauze underneath it also.


I hope you enjoyed my card, I love to sit and watercolor, it is so peaceful.  I just received my new stash from the new Christmas Story Collection, oh boy I can hardly wait to get into them!!
Have a great week,
Kelly
PS: about my SIL  she is on some heavy drugs to reduce the swelling and size of the tumor before they can operate on it.  She is rescheduled for surgery in a few weeks,  Thank You Very Much For all Your Thoughtful Comments And Prayers!!!!

13 comments:

  1. I love the paper and colours and the pretty scene inside, beautiful card Kelly inside and out
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, how cute is this!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOH bless he is sooo adorable, well coloured,love the project,w ell done you !! soo sweet !! lovely papers too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. An adorable card, Kelly. Love the shabby look as well as your fold.
    Your little bear is painted wonderfully.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooo beautiful!!! Great Christmas card!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is amazing!!!! Gorgeous. Love the warm browns and golds and the vintage feel. The bear is just too cute.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Kelly. Adorable bear. Love the multi folds and the colour scheme. Beautifully decorated inside also.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, trying to catch up on all your beautiful creations, Hun. This one is fabulous. Love the card design and that bear is just precious. Oh, and the gorgeous scene on the inside, lovely. Awesome card, Kelly.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! gorgeous creation, love everything about it
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic inside and out! Your coloring is fabulous and I totally love this card! As always another great job!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Kelly, yes fantastic inside out, as Cathy says, LOL we are on the same track!!!!!!!! I love this scenery you placed inside, and this cute little bear . Gorgeous coloring. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so gorgeous, luv the bear!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the vintage papers and, of course, that magnificently colored bear! The inside scene is gorgeous.....an awesome creation, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!