Saturday, November 22, 2014

My Besties Grandmother

As a grandmother of 3 darlings, my heart is full of love for them even though they are far away.  Us grandma's are softies and also barracuda's when we protect them.  We also have so much happiness and joy when we play with them because we simply send them home when they are done, well it really is because we are more relaxed and seasoned.
I want to pay a tribute to Grandmothers of all ages before the holidays as we make them more special and create great memories for our grandchildren.


I made a tag using a Sherri Baldy image that reminded me of my mom, always had her arms full when she came over for a visit.  Sherri herself just became a grandmother also, congrats!


On the right side I made a sentiment sign with Prima resin frame.  Sherri Baldy heart die is at the top of the frame


On the right side is a pocket so that you can insert a message.  I adorned the pocket with LaLa Land butterfly die and Sherri Baldy heart die  The edging is chunky glitter in Champagne


I used Copics to color the image


The bottom floral is Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die and 3 sets of ribbons

Wishing all current and future Grandma's a lot of joy and happiness over the holidays playing with those kids, they keep you young ya know! 

Hugs Kelly

10 comments:

  1. KELLY, Kelly, Kelly... my gosh but this is pretty and I love, love, love the tag! Fab colouring and I also really like those flowers and pretty sparkly bits you added. Really, it's a gorgeous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tag you have created! Love the pale colors. The flowers and die cuts are fabulous!!! Hey also have a Blessed Thanksgiving and enjoy the family time! Hey try not to break anything while preparing your meal. LOL!
    Hugs, Cathy
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so, so beautiful! As a Grandma myself, I sure wish I looked like the lady on your beautiful tag! A lovely tribute to Grandma's everywhere! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Anne - you are every bit as pretty as the image on Kelly's card. Kelly you don't know what fun is until you take your grandchildren traveling with you or keep them for a week - no parents allowed. The image is just as cute as it can be - especially the little girl!! We are taking a grandson to Peru next summer and are so excited. We had two of the girls in Wyoming and South Dakota last summer. Mount Rushmore is very impressive as well a Crazy Horse. I know that Art and I are giving our grand kids fond memories and wonderful and educational adventures. Old Faithful is quite impressive!!
    As always, a wonderful card.
    Sandy xx
    Hey, I hear South Dakota is a tax free state!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Kelly. A beautiful image with such a lot of thought behind the tag.
    I am going to be a Grandma again in 3 weeks. So looking forward to it.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kelly, WOW! you brought tears to my eyes reading and seeing this ...thank you so much sweet Lady ...this is just so beautiful..XO XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the colours and your pretty flowers, beautifully done
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous tag. I just love your flowers with the lace and ribbons. Love when my grandchildren come for a visit - always so interesting - you never know what they might say next. And we have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful design, Kelly! Love the coloring, die cuts, frame, and sparkle! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant colouring skills as ever - love that 1970s eyeshadow!! - and the flowers along the bottom are completely gorgeous.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!