Wednesday, April 11, 2012

When life is full of lemons and lime

Been so busy that it took 2 weeks to complete the cards.  How they turned out is completely different than  I intended.  They were done so I could release stress, my mom has Alzheimers, Seizures and TIA.  We finally have all the medications and diagnosis done but now we are trying to handle the changes to all of our lives. 
 To bring some joy into it, my mom's mother, (my grandmother) is coming with my Aunt and Uncle from NV.  My grandmother will be 93 years old while she is here!  My Aunt loves to craft and my Uncle loves 'honey do' lists, they are staying at my place, yeah!  My grandmother will be staying with my mom to help her out and keep her company.  We are truly blessed with a great family.

Thanks for letting me vent a bit, here are the cards I made recently.

I am having camera issues so the coloring is off as you can see.  I made a choice this month to purchase more Copic markers with my money,  eventually I will have to purchase a new camera, but crafting is first, LOL.

I made the tags first just playing around with my scraps and many butterflies, then I saw a Maggie opportunity for a card and put her above the tags.

Above is a closer look at the tag portion of the card. Below is another version of the card.  I focused on green and yellow spring colors, after all March was definitely spring here in MN.

This tag and card is my favorite out of the 2, I used Melissa Frances crepe paper fringe on the top and covered Tilda's legs.  The stamp and sentiment is from Stampinup. The other tags and butterflies are all from Papertrey Ink.  My flowers are mixed up and I do not know which vendor they are from, sorry.
The papers are from my scraps of Pink Paislie and Prima.


My intention is to bring fun and joy to people who look at my cards and hopefully humor but sometimes life isn't that way and for some reason it feels good for me to share what affects my daily living.  Please know that I do not seek attention but sharing can be a healthy thing for me as someone may have a better way of working with difficult situations.  We all learn from each other, by art or heart. 
Wishing you all joy and peace this week.

Kelly

15 comments:

  1. Fun card. Love all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both completely delightful, Kelly! Considering all you're going through, I'm surprised you're even crafting at all! Love the color combo's and all the beautiful embellies that you've used. This Tilda is completely a sweet heart and you've done an excellent job coloring her. xoxo Barb <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very cute. I really luv your cards and coloring. Awesome job. YAY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your family's illness. Good things that you can release some stress from crafting. Love your cards. They are so nice and cheerful. Keep them coming :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really fun card Kelly. Do you have a new picture of you on your blog? I am sorry to hear about your Mother. I think that it is fantastic that your grandmother will come to help. I hope you keep your uncle super busy. I hope everything goes as well as possible Kelly.
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry about your mum, glad you could find some time for you to relive some stress. Love these gorgeous creations, I really love this Tilda she's a beauty. Take care of yourself
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Kelly! Love your new profile pic!! Big hugs to you about your mom and glad you will have lots of family around while adjusting to it all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are so beautiful, Kelly! I love that you did them up in different colors as colors can make a difference. Your little tags are so cute! The cheerful, bright colors all scream Spring Is Here! Sorry to hear about your Mom. It can be very hard, every day, taking care of someone with Alzheimers. We know. I'm glad you can find relief through your beautiful crafting work. Enjoy your time with your relatives while they are with you.
    Hugs,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear me Kelly, so very sorry to hear about your dear Mom. Praying that you'll be given extra strength to carry whatever is coming your way. He will get you through it. 2 beautiful cards dear, just love that little Tilda. hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kelly,
    So sorry to hear about your mom, but she will be handled with a lot of care at your place,your new look is beautiful.
    About the card,it's so pretty, lovely design!
    Take care, Mascha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly both of your cards are fabulous. Your coloring is wonderful and I love all the special details that you added. So sorry to hear about your Mom. It's wonderful that you have a craft to take your mind off of things. Your new profile picture is gorgeous! Take care and have faith.
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you have a wonderful, loving family. I adore your card. So bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG... Kelly, sorry to read about your mom. Sending courage to go through all those difficult changes. your cards are beautiful, both of them. As Cathy, said, great to have crafting to take your mind away for a while... Take care. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Kelly so sorry to hear about your mom!!!! My hubby has cancer and just had surgery. I know how stressful your life must be !!!! Your cards are absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Love the warm spring colors and embellishments!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kelly, sorry to hear about you mom. I will keep her & your family in my thoughts & prayers. Your cards are beautiful! I just finished coloring this image yesterday. I love the design of your card.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!