Friday, May 17, 2013

The Love Canvas


Happy Weekend Everyone!!!!

We have a wedding tomorrow to attend and this week has been crazy so I just finished a small chunky canvas for the newlyweds.

First I applied Gesso over the canvas and let it dry.  My canvas is a square 6x6 and the Prima mask fit perfectly over it.  I troweled on the molding paste and made sure the whole top was covered and I could not see the canvas.  I carefully lifted the mask and let it dry overnight.


The 3 colors I mixed to achieve the color that I painted over the raised texture are 1/2 Titanium white, 1/4 Cadium Red,  1/4 Phthalo Green.  I applied it where I wanted it and on the edge I flicked black acrylic paint towards the inside.  The edges are also swiped with the gray, white and a small amount of black. 


Here is a close up of the texture of the Prima mask


The using Glossy Accents I glued my embellishments on.  


I used a Bark Heart and flowers from Live and Love Crafts store.  One bigger flower from WOC.  Prima metals and pearls from my local craft store.  


It is hard to see but the Love and embellishments are on a piece of gauze.  The love I wrote with a Faber Castell Pitt Pen onto a gessoed sheet of plastic.  I cut it out and applied it to the gauze.  


I sprinkled Marine colored Frantage over the top of my flower and tiny places on the gauze.  Used my heat gun to emboss it on.  Then I took white paint and barely swiped across it to blend it in.


On the edges and sides of the canvas I applied 1 coat of Sparkle Mod Podge.  I wanted it to look more natural and not glittery.



I would like to enter the following challenges

I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial on what I did with this canvas.  
Thank  you for leaving me your comments, I enjoy reading them and you put alot of smiles on my face.

Kelly

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Really, really beautiful! LOVE all the details, and back ground, and black color)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Kelly, another beautiful canvas my dear. The newly weds will love it. Enjoy the wedding celebrations.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely technique, Kelly. Your canvas looks stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous canvas. I am sure the newly weds will cherish the canvas. Have a great weekend.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, this is awesome, what a wonderful gift for the newlyweds. I love the chic style, and the rich colors you have chose. Wonderful work. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow oh wow, this is stunning!!! They will love it!! )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kelly this is so awesome, whow I love it !! I'l think the wedding couple love this too.

    Hugs XXX Ilonka

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness this is gorgeous Kelly. I adore that stencilled base (how patient to wait overnight!) and then such perfect goodies piled perfectly around the sentiment. This is bound to be treasured. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Kelly, this is a beautiful gift for the wedding couple. Very stylish!! Again you made a piece of art, keep them coming LOL.
    Hugs Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have created another fabulous canvas. Love the textures, colors and all the embellishments. This is gorgeous and a treasure for the newly weds. Have a great time!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG..LOL..I've been all over the internet thanks to your post. I have been trying to find that molding paste and then I see it again here. I can't find it in the "regular" stores around here. Can you give me a suggestion or would lightweight plaster of paris work okay too? I did use them for the cupcakes and they dried nicely. Also went searching for every OTHER item you used too. This canvas is GORGEOUS Kelly and I truly adore that your sentiment of love was handwritten...beautiful!!! Also, thank you from my husband for further fueling my addiction of "Oh Golly...I really should have that!!!!" too. HAHAHAHA...
    hugs!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful gift for the newly weds :)love everything about it :)
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Artful Times
    Von ☺

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness Kelly, this is such a beautiful creation! The molding paste looks fantastic on the canvas and your embellishments are so beautiful on top. A really beautiful wedding gift! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner too. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful... Really, can't stop looking at it...
    Have a nice day, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You hit the jack pot with this - gorgeous Kelly!! I think I will copy you - yes I will!! Don't forget to call me and tell me all about the wedding and most importantly of all THE FOOD!!!!! Beautifully done Kelly -- keep it up Sugar!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous Kelly and such a perfect wedding gift. I love your tutorial as well, all the processes give a fantastic effect. Hope you're having a great weekend. Hugs Chris. X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh thats lovely - I love every element in that and everything about it. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Kelly
    Thanks so much for your visit to my blog and leaving such a great comment, I appreciate it.
    I think you have made a very special canvas for the newly weds. Your design combines the Masculine and the Feminine aspects wonderfully, with the mix of hard and soft elements; your dark Bg juxtaposing with the softness of the flowers.
    Wonderful tutorial as well.
    Great work.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous canvas, Love the moulding paste... Great embellishments...& colours... Have a fabulous time at the wedding... I'm sure the newlyweds will treasure this forever!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, aren't you the artist!!!! This is phenomenal.....what a fabulous gift for the newlyweds!!!! This is a treasure, my friend! Love your tutorial.....so many stunning elements on this incredible work of art!
    Now I must re-read the process you went through to achieve this masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a completely gorgeous canvas, Kelly - such wonderful texture and subtle, beautiful colours! So lovely to have you play along with us at Our Creative Corner!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is delightful. I love the texture you have achieved and the embellishments are truly wonderful.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times.
    Hugs, neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing canvas! So beautiful! I love the texture and embellishments- it is so striking yet very feminine too! I love it! Thanks for sharing with us at Our Creative Corner - Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, love all the texture you've got going on in the background!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!