Tuesday, August 28, 2012

For A Special Someone

We had a short but nice family vacation in the Black Hills of SD.  We got to know alot of the locals and talked about their stores and tourism.  They said it is a little better this year but not good as they wish for.  We went to the Central States Fair in Rapid City and spent the day talking and looking at the awesome things people create there.  They have demonstrations of their works for anyone to participate in.  Very friendly and nice as can be.  My  2 boys and my husband climbed to Harney's Peak, and did the other trail, which was longer, 8 miles round trip.  They came back excited as they were caught in a thunderstorm while way up on the top of the mountains.  The camera on their phone took some gorgeous shots of the mountains and miles of the Black Hills.  My daughter and I went downtown into the little boutiques with my little guy and then relaxed in the hotel room in peace!  America at its best!

 My favorite papers from Pion Design and a piece of lace from my Mother-in-law was the inspiration for this card.  Tilda is colored in Distressed Inks while I was doing the art crawl, I wanted this card to be finished before I left on vacation, oh well.

 The lace at the bottom is from my birthday gift from my Mother-In-law.  She gave me a big basket of her laces, ribbons and 100 year old crocheted lace from her mother. I was very honored with all of it.  The 100 year old crocheted laces will go into a family project for everyone and my own scrapbooking.

 I used the Distressed makers on Tilda and then a ink for the background.

I woke up this morning and just had to finish this card.  7 days without creating, I was in withdrawl and as we were driving home 10 hours, all I was thinking about were the cards I am going to make! LOL
Thanks for stopping by today!

I would like to enter this card into the following Challenges


26 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time Kelly. I love this sweet card, Gorgeous papers, colouring and that lace is beautiful.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, your card is so gorgeous! I love the beautiful lace that you used! How lucky you are get a wonderful gift from your MIL! I also love all he beautiful flowers that you have added it! Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very lucky and my Mother-in-law is one of my most loved mentors I have in my life. She even taught me how to cook, which my husband loves. I will be choosy who gets the older laces and ribbons.

      Delete
  3. OMG....gorgeous lace....what a wonderful gift from your MIL! Love the papers, your magnificently colored Tilda and all the fabulous details on this beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and what a lovely mother in law you have !! so sweet,i love traditional family things liek that, bless..and what a lovley gift of lace and ribbons too, sound like a wonderful holiday, glad you have had a rest now its back to normal lol ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kelly. Love the lace, paper and your coloring.
    Hugs....Pam:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my sweetest friend (yep that is how I think of you Kelly) Your vacation sounded rich in people and experience. Your card is absolutely fabulous - outrageously gorgeous. Honey you have the touch and there is no doubt about it. Your Mother-in-law is a dear to give you such fabulous lace and she knows the you will create treasures to last a life time. You know, when you come across a golden friendship, you keep it and that is what I plan to do with you!~!!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, you are a gift! With the price of gold so high I guess we are worth it! Thanks for the very very nice comment!!

      Delete
  7. Very very pretty! Glad you had a nice little break! Your paper on the inside is gorgeous!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning! I love the papers and your gorgeous lace, what a wonderful and thoughtful gift. Thanks so much for joining us at Tildas Town this week
    Hugs julie P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! The lace is amazing... What a special gift that I am sure you will treasure. Glad that you had a wonderful vacation with your family.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Kelly!! Amazing design and those papers are sooo yummy!!! Beautiful lace too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly, stunningly gorgeous. I love this Tilda--she's so versatile. The lace is fabulous and your DP's are to die for.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Kelly, this is gorgeous!!! Glad your vacation was fun! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds to me that you had a wonderful break! Your card is fabulous. What a treasure you received from you MIL. I love the lace and it's perfect on this card!
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I adore this card. Love that lace & the colours are beautiful. Your colouring is ace too x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you had a great vacation. Your card is fabulous, love the lace and the layering.
    Blessings Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, I'm back! Lol! Thank you so much for joining us at Tilda's Town this week! Good luck and I hope to see you back Friday!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like your family enjoyed a lovely vacation. Such fantastic memories aren't they?
    Your card is beautiful. What I like most about it is your design. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kelly! Welcome back from vacation. Glad you all had a wonderful time! Your card is gorgeous! That lace is so pretty and you are one lucky gal to have received a basket full of lace and ribbons from your dear MIL! I like how you colored Tilda with distress inks...very pretty! Can't wait to see your next project!

    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is totally gorgeous, Kelly. Your Tilda is lovely colored in Distress Inks. That lace is so pretty. You are lucky to have a MIL who is happy to share such sweet things with you. Sounds like you had a great vacation. I haven't been to the Black Hills for decades and you brought back memories of my childhood visits. Something to cherish...:)
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous, Kelly! Beautifully embellished and your Tilda is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Kelly!!! Beautiful papers, gorgeous details and awesome colouring!!
    Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town this week!!
    Hugs, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a georgeous card!!!
    Thanks for joining our Summer Flowers challenge at WOC :)
    Hugs, Lena Katrine

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so pretty
    Thanks for joining us for this challenge at
    Tilda's Town Challenges
    Hugs, Becky x

    I've got candy on my blog if you're interested, http://attic-crafter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!