Saturday, July 21, 2012

60th Wedding Anniversary

Today are my in-laws 60th Wedding Anniversary and we had a Catholic Mass with catered dinner.  Everything was so much fun,  and they appreciated the card I made them.


The easel card is closed below.  I used 1 piece of DP from Mme and embellished with Magnolia Doohickeys, WOC roses, pearls and ribbons from my stash.


The tulle is vintage from a garage sale, I love it and I am getting low on it.  

The Magnolia Doohickey heart is so cute, I put some crocheted ribbon, charms, pearls, pin and ribbon on and then the # '60' for their anniversary.


The top and then the bottom of the left side of the card.


The top under their wedding photo I made a tag with MF tag and Magnolia Doohickey on top.  I put their party and original wedding information on it as a keepsake.


Here is the card in a box I made.  My good friend Sandy D told me about Uline boxes so I ordered a bunch and decorate them to match the cards.


Here is the top of the box


Here is the box from the side.  This is so much easier than making my own box.  


I would like to enter this into the following challenge
I felt this was definitely Shabby Chic
and 
because it is elegant also

Thank you for stopping by for a peak, now I need to rest my very full tummy.  Oh so much food and fun, Goodnight
Kelly

12 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Kelly! I know they were thrilled to receive this wonderful keepsake!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is gorgeous! I am sure they will cherish this. I love the photo they look like movie stars. Awesome embellishments.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kelly! Congrats to the in-laws, 60 years is awesome!! My parents are celebrating their 54th next weekend, so they have a few more to go for that one. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, this is a most splendid card and box set you made for your In-Laws! So stunning, so detailed, and the pic of them must've brought back memories of 60 years ago! What a most lovely set. They will cherish and treasure this forever. You're a great DIL!

    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Kelly this is so beautiful my dear, I love the card and the box. Something your In laws can cherish. Thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG.... gorgeous card.
    Hugs....Pam:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spectacular Card! They will love and cherish it!

    Laura C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly - first of all, I want to say what a wonderful family you have. From Ducks to great in-laws, you all are the best! Your Anniversary creation is wonderful and quite a keepsake along with that fantastic box you decorated. I need to try that but I do not have a clue where to even start. What a wonderful time I know you all had - a very special card for a special couple!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card and box, Kelly. I bet your in-laws loved it. It is definitely elegant. Thank you for sharing it with us at Midweek Magnolias.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do such pretty things with paper. I am a paper addict too. I work with lots of crafts, but have designed for a scrapbook company. I love to cut and paste by hand. The anniversary card is amazing, and Happy Anniversary to your in-laws. I hope I live long enough to make it to my 60th.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW.....what a gorgeous gift set you created for your in-laws!!!! Sixty years together is quite an achievement. I know they will treasure this magnificent work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful. Love the colors. Keep them coming Kelly!
    Blessings from Georgetown, TX

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!